Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Scrappy Trip: More Progress

It's all about the floor space, really.


It's why I agreed to house/cat-sit. As soon as I could, I pushed back the furniture and laid out all 72 Scrappy Trip blocks.


The downside of cat-sitting, however, was my "helper".


Oh, that look of entitlement as if she belongs on that top! But despite interference, I finished piecing it before the guild meeting this past Saturday. I was hoping to sandwich it on Sunday. However...


... Sometimes packaged batting and backing lies.


Too short! Too small! Ack! What to do... I can whip on extra batting scraps to extend my "queen sized" chunk, but Plan B backing requires a trip back home. Le sigh.

Thankfully I brought several other tops and backs I could sandwich, piece, and quilt in the meantime!


And I'm sure I'll have "help" for those, too!

No comments: