Tuesday, July 16, 2013

LYOF Mid-Month Update

First of all, I want to say a big THANK YOU to Melissa and Shanna for hosting this year-long event! I've enjoyed watching everyone's projects come together, and I've gotten more "finishes" under my belt than I imagined!

Every month, those who complete their goals are entered into a drawing, and this time, I won!

What did I win?


The entire Spring House (by Stephanie Ryan for Moda) line in fat quarters! This was especially exciting because I've thoroughly fasted from buying fabric this year - only indulging once, and then the majority of those purchases were sent to a friend abroad.


I already have an idea of what to do with them. But I can't move on that yet because I have to finish this:


I just need to stitch the binding and label it, and then this baby is ready for its recipient - whose birthday party is Saturday, right after my guild meeting!


I am so happy to have this puppy mostly done. I have several others I'd like to complete, and I have a few days blocked off as "sewing days" coming up, and lots of adventures in between... It's as if life decided to go into hyperdrive all of a sudden! If I think about it, I get overwhelmed, so it's best to take 5 minutes at a time.


Thankfully, my roommate has the good sense to keep me stocked on Cadbury's. Five minutes' peace is made perfect with a cuppa, I think. Nothing soothes the mind like chocolate from the motherland!

Happy stitching!