Monday, May 27, 2013

May Goal Met!

Yay! I did it!



I met my Lovely Year of Finishes goal for May! My Urban Cowgirl Castle Stairs top is complete! I think I'll call it "Cowgirl Castle" - straight and to the point, no?

This is intended for a very special friend, but mum's the word for the moment. I'm just happy it's done (albeit a bit curly on the edges - but then again, I've never had a perfectly flat quilt top, so it will come out in the basting!) This means I can move onto other things on my mind... Like how my sewing wardrobe is filling up with tops and backs while my stash shrinks and shrinks. Not a bad problem, just thinking about the marathons of quilting ahead... but I'll save all that for later goals!

2 comments:

sophie said...

What a cool quilt design. How big is it?

desertskyquilts said...

Congratulations on finishing that top. It's unusual and very attractive.