Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Color Punch - A Giant Baby Quilt!

Over the course of working on my May LYOF goal, I found it refreshing to go through my scrap bins and improv-piece some baby quilt tops. The first was pretty big for a baby quilt - and for this second...






... the term "gigantor" comes to mind. I just couldn't stop, y'know? Loved how a certain bit came together, so I had to figure out a way to include it, and it kept growing and growing! It is approximately a walloping 54x74 inches. Yikes! Baby quilt? Maybe for a baby blue whale... which I'm not planning on birthing any time soon, but you never know.

It occurs to me that I could have pinned the quilt horizontally for better pictures, but that might have put it too close to my mulberry tree:


Mm... delicious! Love going out and seeing how they've ripened each day, bringing in more than a quart without trying too hard. Summer is here at last! Happy stitching!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful! You've managed to take a variety of prints and turn it into a work of art! Don't worry about it being too big. Baby will never outgrow it :)

Royce said...

really like your improv piecing. It's good to have a big honking quilt to cuddle up in, room for 2.