Thursday, March 7, 2013

Baby Quilt of Many Colours

I had an impulse, and I went with it. My coworker announced she is pregnant, and immediately I started thinking of baby quilt ideas. Finally, I dove into my scrap bins and this is what came together!




The quilt measures about 40x50 inches. Here's the entire top:


I used three half yards for the back and quilted a haphazard spiral in variegated blue thread.


You can hardly see it, but binding is a bright red print from Moda's Stitched in Color line.


We do not know the sex of the baby, so I figured bright colors would go either way. As I finished it, I got in touch with the mama and learned that in her family, nothing baby-related comes into the home until the baby itself arrives! Whoops. Guess I'll be hanging onto it for awhile!

3 comments:

Jo said...

Just wondering how you "quilt" your blankets? I had purchased a "walking foot" for my machine, but it was SO bad quality that I could not use it. Wondering what is the best way to use my regular Singer machine to machine quilt a little quilt. Do you just go about it regular like? Special feet?

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

How sweet Mary....they'll love it!!!

Susana said...

Vi su comentario en un sorteo.
Que filosófica !je je
Me encanta su blog.
Como seguirla por correo electrónico?