Wednesday, February 13, 2013

On-the-side Progress

Time for a few works-in-progress shots!

Once upon a time I started an afghan - a giant granny square, of sorts - using scrap yarn. Look how big it's gotten! I usually roll and toss little scraps in a canister by the sofa, and this week I emptied out its contents and crocheted those bits onto the blanket.


Once upon a time there was a "Fusion Blanket Crochet-a-long". Well, I'm not sure what happened to the "along", but I've been slowly but surely working through a charm pack of Urban Cowgirl supplemented with some Curio prints.




My goal is 80 squares. Each finishes at about 6 inches. So far I have 46 complete. Now I just need to sit down and whip together the rest of the centers!

This little handwork project has been my go-to for lectures. They are time-consuming for sure, but they are splendidly mostly-mindless to keep my hands busy as my soul splashes in each week of school's curriculum. If I time it right, I may finish just as my program completes! And then I will literally have a memory blanket to continue with me for the rest of my journey. Don't you love how handwork has that capacity? So sweet and powerful!

No comments: