Thursday, February 21, 2013

February Finish!

And a memorable one at that!

For I fought the wind...






... and won!

I finished my February Lovely Year of Finishes goal of completing my Sew Blues Bee quilt top! My friend helped me take pictures this past Monday before the weather got wet. After a picnic lunch (where only ONE salad got blown over and only ONE napkin was ripped from its owners hands and hurled across the field) we took a few pictures, and I did my best impression of a flagpole. It was a lot of fun, and in the end, we got the one decent shot I hoped for!

Thanks to all the lovely Sew Blues Bee ladies for making my blocks and extra ties! I love that I'll be able to curl up under this puppy and think of all the love you sent to me in every stitch.

8 comments:

Joanie's Quilts said...

You look like you are being attacked by a quilt top! Giggle, giggle! Lovely pattern.

Tina said...

Love The Wind Blown Quilt Top.

Barb said...

Your post made me smile.....

love the quilt!

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

Oh my! It's photos like I take! It's a lovely finish! Great job.

Thanks for linking up sweetie!

Eunice said...

I love those windy pictures!

Domestic Moose said...

I'm glad you won because that's a great quilt top. But the pictures in the wind? Those are fantastic.

Royce said...

Photos outside can be a challenge, but you won, thou the wind did try hard to defeat you. Love the one area of pink/red in the quilt. Very nice modern design. Will you hand quilt?

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

Seeing the title of your post again makes me want to break into song. :)