Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Quilt for My Brother

Christmas comes late when family visits in early January!







My brother's schedule did not permit him to visit during the holidays, so he is here now instead! I was so happy to give him his Christmas present. It is the easiest top I've ever constructed, essentially a whole cloth quilt made from Kaffe Fassett remnants found at Hancock's of Paducah. When the Guild visited the shop on our Kentucky road trip last year, the stripes seemed so very much like my brother that I knew I was holding his Christmas even then. A thrifted sheet and a Dear Stella scrappy binding polished off the quilt. It's just the right size to cuddle on a sofa, and the length befits his taller frame.

While visiting, I lay out the family heirloom I'm hand-tying, and he snapped a few photos of me crawling around on it (yes, I'm in shorts and a tee in January - hello, unseasonably warm weather).


And then for kicks, my mother tossed down the Generations Quilt I made for her birthday the year before last.


Love seeing my work coming together! As quilts come and go from my hands it is easy to loose sight of the progress and achievement of each one, so it is rewarding to see a few in one place.

There is still a bit more of Christmas to show, but I'll save that for another post. Happy (warm) winter, y'all!

No comments: