Sunday, December 2, 2012

Blocks and Progress

Below are my blocks for November for Sew Blues Bee!

A mod mosaic block for Jackie:


A ribbon star for Leslie:


And a practice ribbon star for me!


I finished these and had them in the mail before Thanksgiving. Just to brag on beauty that I didn't create, following are a few sunrise photos from my holiday with my parents. First is the Tennessee countryside as seen from the backseat windows, and then is one of the sunrises from Gulf Shores, Alabama.



I could get addicted to sunrises. That's my mother and I wrapped against the cold. Photo credit goes to my dad!

When I got back, it was time to figure out some flying geese! I wanted to add a geese block to my Shire quilt, so this one represents the 5 rings for the Dwarf lords and the 9 rings for the lords of Men... except there were SEVEN dwarf rings! So I'll be getting out the seam ripper. You can guess where the two other geese will go!


Finally, I finished a paper-pieced "homeward bound" block that I'm using to represent the Light of EƤrendil, "our most beloved star":


Here is my Shire quilt so far! And I don't think I'll be adding any more blocks before The Hobbit movie (Part 1) comes out!



(L-R from top)  "Mallorn" leaf for Elrond; Sandyman's Mill Wheel; Fili/Kili/Oin/Gloin; "Mallorn" leaf for Gandalf; Elendil's Star; Balin/Bifur/Bofur/Bombur; Galadriel's "Mallorn" leaf; Four Farthings of the Shire star; Thorin; Dwarf and Man Rings of Power; 4 Hobbits of the Fellowship; Dori/Nori/Ori/Dwalin

I'm also still working on my Fusion Blanket using Urban Cowgirl and a bit of Curio, plus Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool:



Really loving how it's coming together - but it's a slow handwork project, perfect for school lectures! (Some people doodle - I sew and crochet!)


That's all for now. Christmas presents are in the works but those will have to wait to be revealed! Happy December, y'all! (Now where's that seam ripper?)

1 comment:

Anita said...

Everything looks lovely. The last is interesting. I can't wait to see the finished product.