Saturday, November 3, 2012

M is for...

M is for...


"mission accomplished" - i.e. update the door decor cheaply and fabulously. The store was all out of paper-mache M's so I flipped a W, painted it in silver acrylic, and took my hot glue gun to a spool of clearance ribbon. Hard to tell from the pics but the ribbon goes all the way 'round.


M is also for mustache (pattern here)...


Many men of my acquaintance are growing mustaches for "Movember" - but instead of raising awareness for men's health, they are remembering to pray for a friend of mine who was recently re-admitted to the hospital with the rarest form of cancer on the planet (that is, he is the only case on record). Apparently he used to have quite a fabulous 'stache in blazing red, but he shaved it off out of respect for the nurses' low tolerance for creepiness. As November 1 came to a close and pictures began popping up of fellas' peach fuzz and caterpillars, I determined to one-up them:  "Took you 3 days to grow that? Well, took ME less than an hour for this puppy! HA!" Mm-hmm. I play to win!


For kicks, M is also for my first meringues (and, unintentionally, messy oven...) Ah, soft fluffy nothings! Just a little sweetness and crispy-melty-airy texture... mmm...


Finally, M is for MERRY CHRISTMAS! OK, this is so completely unlike me, but I am super excited about Christmas this year, and I've already begun to decorate, because M is also for...


"M"-pulse! Move when the moment strikes! That is how all of the above came about... What about you? What have you been moving on?

1 comment:

Barb said...

What a marvelous post.