Sunday, October 14, 2012

Block Party

No homework this week, so I was more than thrilled to stitch to my heart's content!

First, I made my "Imaginary Garden" block for Staci. She gave us a lot of leeway. Somehow I got stuck on the idea of creating a wildflower field with scraps of florals, then topping it with lupine flowers like the ones I fell in love with in Nova Scotia when I was 18. They look a little like trees, especially with the bird flying towards them, but I guess that adds to the "imaginary" qualities.


Next I made PattiAnn's gemstone blocks! I can't wait to see her quilt put together. These simple blocks came together easily but I anticipate the quilt will be so striking!


Finally, I finished my last four blocks for my OYG bee quilt! Truth be told, I think Rolling Stones are a bit of a pain to put together (relative to, say, the gemstone block above), so I am quite satisfied to put this project to bed.


Now all I need to do is square 'em up and stitch! Oh, and maybe add a border (pending plenty of grey, of course!)


This is the biggest quilt I've ever constructed, and I'm so thankful for the help of all my OYG friends.


And on that happy note, have a lovely week, y'all!

No comments: