I've found myself making tote bags as new seasons set upon me, and this time was no exception. As much as I love my present tote, it has its disadvantages, namely the lack of organization, leading to much time wasted digging. Solution? A whole new tote entirely, and to be thorough, I decided to include a foam laptop sleeve.
Ambitious, no? Like I said, it was hours and hours of designing, figuring, cutting, quilting, piecing... And when I was done, my first reaction was, "AW DANG! I made a DIAPER BAG?!"
Well, maybe one day it will be... Until then, I'm happily hyper-organizing my pens, chap stick, and power cords.
|Zipper pen pocket on the front messenger flap|
|Front pockets including elasticized pocket for power cord and sleeve for folders + clipboards|
|Side pocket for all-important Nalgene|
|Other side pocket for keys and phone|
|Interior pockets: laptop sleeve with half-inch foam and velcro closure|
|Interior pockets: larger space for journals, handwork tote, and all-purpose purse|
|Double strap for comfort|
Over all, I am wildly pleased with my new tote! With all the design, material, and time that went into it, I think it's worth at least three Vera Bradleys, so despite the positive reception its gotten, I do not expect any custom orders in the near future. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the process of figuring out the math, hanging it all and slapping it together! And thus far it has served me quite well as my school bag - perfectly, indeed!