Friday, March 30, 2012

Wrought Iron Blocks--Complete!









This morning, I finished sewing black bow tie blocks for my friend's wedding quilt. I've contacted a long armer (my first!) and will have the top ready to deliver on Monday. From what I understand, she has a quilting pattern (pantograph?) called "wrought iron" and ought to have it back to me before the bridal / linen shower, in time for me to bind and apply a label. Le sigh... it is a sweet, sweet thing to see the work of your hands and heart laid out so beautifully. Happy Friday indeed!

Linking up with Sarah this week!

6 comments:

Deborah said...

What a lovely quilt. The use of black is very striking! I hope your package arrives today! The post office said it would!! Take care.

Anita said...

AHHHHH....I LOVE it! And I thought I knew which quilt I wanted to make with my black, now I think I like this one too!!! =)

Bouncypoodle said...

So beautiful Mary..you have the magic touch too my dear! Love it!

Beezus said...

Wow, that was pretty fast, Mary! Same long arm quilter that Stefanie mentioned or someone else? Curious minds want to know . . . :)

Cat said...

gorgeous!

Sarah Craig said...

So beautiful! What a wonderful gift it will make... Whoop whoop!!