Thursday, March 8, 2012

Close but Not Finished

Spring is a busy time of year! There's so much happening, so much to do...

Daffodils blooming... (Must photograph!)


Babies to bless...


Orphan block challenges to complete...


Seeds to plant and tend... (Do you see the tiny baby beets?)


Mythological creatures to invent... (It's science!)


And celebrate...


And model...


And a quilt-along quilt to finish...



Paper-piecing... (Not my fave, just going to say...)


Adding blocks... (Thank you, Quilter's Cache!)


Piecing from scraps...


Improv piecing...


Auditioning backings... (Oh, I haven't even unfolded that sheet to see if it's big enough! Here's hoping!)


I have GOALS! I will FINISH! I will meet DEADLINES! I will FULFILL CHALLENGES! I will... I will... I...

I will eat another bite of this prostitute brownie* and have a glass of milk, tuck my toes back under my Hobbit cloak, see how badly I've whupped that friend at Scrabble, listen to the piano music I recorded last night, listen to the rain... and the train... and remember. It's a hobby. It's fun. And it's okay to finish tomorrow... the next day... eventually... after... or whenever... ahhh...

*Having been raised on Grandmother's peerless from-scratch oven-baked recipe, having sworn by it and sworn others to it, I find myself in a moral quandary:  dare I enjoy this inferior, microwaved version? It is not as good. The texture is off. It's far too big. Not enough butter. Too much sugar. It's... it's... oh, heavens... it's half-gone already. Whoops.

No comments: