Thursday, February 2, 2012

Odd Blocks

Anyone else wax philosophical on less sleep than usual? Or find there's a negative correlation between the previous night's hours of quality sleep and the average number of syllables in your idiom? Seems the more tired I am, the longer and clunkier my vocabulary becomes.

I'm not even sure what text to put with these photos. A single phrase, such as "disparate elements of various projects", might suffice, but the post title communicates this. To say, "I've been sewing blocks" seems obvious... Ah, well. Onward!

I'm starting a quilt using a yard and a fat quarter I found in Paducah, KY, with the MCMQG gals. It's an experiment in plan-as-you-go. Here are the first bits in that so-cute-it's-practically-not-me print (and--bonus!--an overuse of dashes!)


Another project:  the Sew Happy Geek Quilt-Along. Last week's block:


Finally, a block pieced from this tutorial. It's got a story, too, but I'll wait on it for now, maybe until a time when I'm feeling less sesquipedalian?


Happy sewing and sweet dreams!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I lovvvveee the orange!