Friday, February 24, 2012

Blocks and a Bee Peek

Where has the week gone? I feel like I've hardly sewn a stitch... Between variable work schedules and spontaneous social engagements, I've barely found a slice of time for Sew. Happy. Quilt. A-Long blocks:




Progress... only two more blocks to go, and it's time to consider settings!

In the Orange You Glad Bee, we're working on an "Orphan Block Challenge". I was sent four fabulous "orphan" blocks that I'm working into a--well, it ought to be obvious, but I'll not give away the story quite yet.

And that grey block in the foreground? I woke up one morning with the shape in mind and was unable to find it listed under any terms I could come up with. If it's unclaimed, I'll name it and write a tutorial. If y'all know anything about it, please let me know!


Mentally, I've got umpteen quilts in motion. In reality, I've got a plan and a prayer... and the daffodils are blooming, and my garden's calling my name... and I am so very thankful for the ability to live life choosing to do things I love and be with people I enjoy. Happy weekend, y'all!

Linking up with Sarah this week.

P.S. On a personal note, I had the joy of hearing Ben Rector play the Ryman Auditorium last night. He was fantastic! He closed with this tribute to the late, great Ms. Houston and had all the audience singing. Check him out if you haven't heard of him! (Another favorite--albeit another cover... but had to share since I so prefer his take to the original!)

2 comments:

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

Mary is it a fish on the grey block? Glad you had a great night at the concert!!

Michelle said...

What a fabulous bunch of blocks! Can't wait to see how you set them.