Sunday, December 4, 2011

Little Bits

My roommate had never done a "Secret Santa", so I suggested we do one between the two of us! We came up with lists of things we like and set a $20 limit. (That's a single $20 bill, no cheating!) We'll drop off little gifts for one another throughout the season. Ah, but where?

Stockings, of course! They were SUPER easy to make, just a seam to hold the sides together, a seam on the top, and a seam for the loop to hang 'em.


We stuck with our nontraditional holiday theme. Can you guess which one is mine?


Another mini-project was inspired by a trail run in a sweatshirt with a kangaroo pocket and a phone that would not stop bouncing. Then this tutorial popped up, and I took off with the idea!


My favorite pair of socks from high school had long since been converted into ankle warmers--BEFORE they were popular, mind you! I simply stitched on a little pocket in the one color lacking from the rainbow.


A simple turned-down casing for elastic and a few side seams later, and I'm set to run.


I didn't flex for the photo as I didn't want to intimidate y'all with my mighty biceps. Hopefully bright! cheery! colours! will dampen that effect...

Now all I have left to do is figure out who my Secret Santa is...

1 comment:

Anita said...

Love the stockings and tree - is yours the black and white one??!?! =)

Cute arm cuff....I could never have a sweater on my arm while jogging, it would drive me bonkers! =) LOL...I tried one of those bands to hold my ipod, but that's annoying too. Sigh...I guess I have to keep it slipped into the waist band of my capris...hoping it doesn't fall out or die from the sweat. =)

Thanks for not intimidating us with your muscles! =0P