Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Handmade Gifts Revealed (Part 3)

Last few gifts to be revealed as they were given yesterday/today!

A dear friend gave me a purse she loved to death. The straps were threadbare and the lining was unsalvageable. I chopped, I re-lined, I zippered (pouch tutorial here), I repurposed, and she was surprised and pleased! (Sorry, no "before" picture--I zealously attacked and didn't think about it until after I'd already hacked it to pieces.)



These haven't actually been opened yet, but I don't think the recipient follows my blog. My brother's boyfriend has a culinary background, and I've been known to consult him when I have garden-to-table quandaries. My log cabin blocks were just right as pot holders for him!



And I gotta admit, I love the reference of the grey to my brother's gift. That and these were some of my favorite makes of the season!

Now just one more to finish up... interspersed with projects for myself, of course, because after all that sewing for others, it's more than justified to treat oneself ;-)

No comments: