Monday, December 26, 2011

Handmade Gifts Revealed (Part 2)

Merry Christmas! Time to reveal a few more handmade gifts given yesterday.

My brother received a Market Tote made from Modern Log Cabin Quilting. It's made from grey denim jeans with busted zippers given to me by a friend who married a lighting engineer. I'm not sure the project instructions were accurate, but it didn't affect how the bag turned out.

I love it. And, more importantly, my brother loves it, too!





Three years ago I made a couple of Spool birds that unintentionally match one another. They must have been prophetic, as the recipients of those birds married a few months later. Those same friends received new birdies this year! I whipped these together when I realized that their real gift (not yet finished) would not be ready in time for Christmas. I have a two-week deadline, but in the meantime...




Another friend requested pot holders. That gave me opportunity to play with charm squares! She loved these, as well as the print by Erin Leigh I gave her (unfortunately, I don't think she sells that particular print anymore!)


Finally, I joined some of my OYG bee ladies in making a secret something for our bee mama Staci. This was a great opportunity to play with the cams on my machine and use some Christmassy fabrics! I hope she likes her mug rug and had a merry Christmas!



There are still a few more gifts to reveal and a few more Christmas things to attend to, but it's been a very rich holiday for me, and I hope it has for you, too!

2 comments:

Anita said...

Love the tote! great job on all your gifts!

Staci said...

What a wonderful tote! Love the pocket pocket inside.
The mug rug is really wonderful! I heard that Staci person really loves it!