Saturday, November 12, 2011

Jelly Rolls and Cracked Pepper

 The Music City Modern Quilters got together for a jelly roll race today!

It started with this...



Then it looked like this...



And it really was this blurry, sewing 40+ strips end to end, then that one loooong seam, then those four shorter seams, pedal to the metal, seven machines singing at once, and a handful of times we all paused at the same instant for a breath of silence...


And in less than an hour, we had...




I used a roll of Summer House along with 2.5 inch black solid squares I'd cut ahead of time. I finished in second place, too! Way to go, Baby Kenmore!

And, of course, I love it. If not for the black, it would be too girly for my taste, but somehow that bit of freshly ground pepper gives it enough spice for my style. Hmm... Henceforth this shall be my Cracked Pepper quilt. I'll quilt it after holiday sewing is over, I suppose. Can't wait!

3 comments:

Bouncypoodle said...

Way to go Mary....I love the name of your jelly roll quilt! You just "crack" me up....LOL! You see, you are going to be famous too....Everyone is going to love and want one of your "Cracked Pepper Quilts".

Staci said...

Okay, now you need to become a big quilt designer and call your company "Cracked Pepper Quilts". This looks like loads of fun, and your quilt top is amazing, I really love it.

Barb said...

Just awesome!!!!