Sunday, October 2, 2011

Oh, Baby!

Baby, it's cold outside! My cousin and his wife are new parents, and as the fall just announced itself with chilly temperatures, I thought a pair of cashmere-blend booties would be just the thing!



I used this pattern from Lion Brand. After making sample, they came together easily, so much so that I decided to make a pair for my PI's baby! They looked cuter turned inside-out. I'm profuse with pictures as I used two balls of variegated yarn and am stunned at what a perfect match they are!







A couple of quilted bibs round out the set. Honestly I didn't put too much effort into the quilting. I think my best friend is borrowing my walking foot. I'll have to check on that. The only other modification was using sew-on velcro for the closures. I think I like it!



Both are backed with "Sweet Baby, Miracle Baby" print.


Here are all the pieces of my shower gift.


I didn't stay at the shower long enough for presents to be opened, but I expect they were well-received. In any case, I'm done with babies for a bit. There's a side swap for my quilting bee, and Christmas looms. I'm excited to make progress on those projects! Hopefully I'll get some time this week. Meanwhile, I've thrown a quilt top on my bed just for a change of colour, celebrating the new season and the new month! Happy October, y'all!

2 comments:

Royce said...

Oh those booties are just too cute - I love to knit and crochet but have never been able to follow a pattern - I have pattern issues with quilts too.

Noel Wright said...

I'm so glad you posted a pic of the baby booties with the helpful hint! I love browsing through the lion brand patterns but always like to see a finished product that someone has made before I feel ready to try it myself!
Nice blog by the way!