Saturday, October 22, 2011

Four Square

Long days this week have meant fewer moments for sewing, but last night and today I was able to finish up some blocks I've been working on. At the moment, I can't reveal the purpose for them, but let's just say I enjoyed the chance to try out some new designs!

Double hourglass tutorial here.


I made one of these for my OYG Bee sampler, but I liked it so much I made another! Question:  is it true that this orientation of the Bow Tie block goes by "True Lovers Knot"? Tutorial here.


Next was a Supernova block, but though I referenced the tutorial, I didn't follow it. Maybe that's why my triangles didn't match up exactly? Oh, well. It's the thought that counts, and I'm along for the ride!


Finally, my favorite. I attempted to duplicate an antique block from the flea market. Ultimately, I wanted to see if I could replicate it and, eventually, write a tutorial when it's my turn for the OYG Bee. I love the way it turned out, even though I used HST's and the original uses rhombuses. Does this block have a name? It's not exactly Weathervane. Do I get to name it, if no one else has? If so, any suggestions?


Hope your weekend is as glorious as mine! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Staci said...

Look at all those pretty pink blocks you have made! I really love the first one, I've got to try that. The last one looks lovely! I'm turning my imagination on to see it in ORANGE!

Barb said...

It is so nice that you put the links with the block....love them