Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lab Lunch Bag

Remember this puppy?


She's looking kind of sad.


And the interior is beyond help.


Guess it's time for something new to tote my veggie-rich lunches!


Scraps of home dec dots and a remnant of denim make up the body of the bag.



I hacked off part of a t-shirt destined for yarn-ing to make the lining.



It's finished with a flowery button brooch.



I didn't document how this came together, and nothing is terribly precise, but I love how it turned out. My honest first impression once it was done? "Aw, dang. It's cute. I can't help making cute stuff. Ugh." Seriously, I don't think I'd ever pick this out in a shop, but coming from my hands, I'm feeling it. And I can remember that red lining came from a punk concert! Mmm!

2 comments:

Anita said...

Awe, great finishes...I LOVE the orange. =)

MOVIE FAN said...

very good website