Saturday, September 24, 2011

Baby, Belt, Board

In alphabetical order of what I've been working on...




The PI ("principal investigator", a.k.a. my boss) is having a baby girl! I attempted crocheted booties, but they were too involved, so I opted for baby shoes instead! I used this tutorial, lined the soles with batting, and kept the uppers unlined. I've cut several more pairs of shoes, plus a few bibs. Consider this your warning for an impending baby theme.




Up next... a new belt! A friend gave me several bags of fabric oddments, among them some chunks of orange corduroy. The shape of those chunks inspired this belt! I based it off one of my favorite d-ring belts and used rings cut from curtains (repurposed here). D-rings might have been better than circles, but I've been spending time around MRIs lately, and as these rings don't respond to magnets, I can wear this belt to work on Saturdays. I'm wearing it now... because I'm going to work... today... Saturday... ok, so it's a drawback, but hey, no job is perfect, and I am full-on LOVING my new field!

Speaking of work...



Everyone has a work accessory they're rarely without. Mine is a clipboard. Inspired by this photo, I decided to glue + Mod Podge my favorite paint chips onto the back of my basic board and bring a splash of colour to the lab. Mmm... something delicious for the eyes to drink in... Life in the midst of data and screens... I love it.

Alright, off to the imaging center! Happy weekend, y'all!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I love what you have been working on....