Friday, August 12, 2011

Wild Thing

Wild thing... 




You make my heart sing...




You make everything...




Groovy...




I said Wild Thing...



Wild thing I think I love you...



My Rockin' Robin Quilt-Along quilt top is done! I have named it Wild Thing, and I love it! It is the first quilt I've ever made just. for. me. No other purpose, not for my hope chest, not piggybacking on someone else's work. It's my blacks and whites and grays, my cacophony of clashing fuchsia and orange, my refreshing aquas and gold-rimmed purple. It is ordered chaos and a treasure hunt, but it's definitely all deliberately purposed. 


And I'm finished just in time, too, as transitions continue to unfold, to mark the change. Children are heading back to school, parents are flustered over teachers and expectations are high, but for the first time since I was five years old, I have no part in it.


E. L. Konigsburg says there are days when you should allow “what is already in you to swell up inside you until it touches everything." This moment is one of those days.

4 comments:

Pat V. said...

What a lovely quote. Hopefully I will have a day like that very soon... Thank you, you made my night!

Staci said...

Your quilt is just fabulous, and that quote is just perfect.

Amy (ArtsyBookishGal) said...

I love it, too. When are you gonna start selling these things?

quiltmom said...

what a great musical quilt- I love the fun fabrics and the name of your quilt.
I soon return to the classroom(I am a kindergarten teacher so it will be fun to see the children and return to the busyness of school.
If you check out my recent posts you will see the musical quilt I made for a wedding gift.
Regards,
Anna