Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Rockin' Robin Week 5

I am so spoiled. Yesterday the farm had a plethora (I mean, crates and crates!) of extra tomatoes. Needless to say I indulged.


Ah, well. Onto the sewing! Week 5 involved paper-piecing hexagons. I'd never done this before. It was definitely a labor-intensive process. I like the look, but I don't think I'll be joining the hexagon craze any time soon.


Now we come to it. I have twenty-five blocks and a question over how to arrange them! I tried several orientations, starting with the standard rows...


... then a sort of 'v'...


... then diagonals...


... and finally concentration of print.


I think I like this last best, letting the bulk of the focus print start heavily in one corner and trickle down to almost none.

My machine is in dire need of a tune-up, which, around here, takes about two weeks. I have three projects left before taking it in:  the MCMQG block on Saturday, my Orange You Glad Bee block, and stitching this top. I think my darling Kenmore can handle it. Meanwhile I have plenty of hand-stitching and prep to do. Maybe sending my baby to the hospital will help me get going on some of the more tedious tasks! Here's hoping!

2 comments:

Elsina said...

I love how your sewingproject is coming along! Beautiful!

Royce said...

I have a backup machine you can use while yours is in the spa. It's a little White - my first machine. It's not a bad little machine at all. I like the bottom one too.