Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dyed Muslin and Vintage Lace

I can't get over this colour and how fabulous it is on my skin tone! (It's all about finding what works for you and playing to those strengths--there, style advice for free!) Earlier in the year I re-darkened my dark rinse jeans with a package of navy Rit Dye in the wash, and I threw in a chunk of unbleached muslin. When it came out this gorgeous, I thought it would be the perfect canvas to showcase bits from my box of vintage trims!






I chose a pattern I'd made up years ago in calico + eyelet, then revisited for the Fourth of July. (Oops, I never posted either!) I modified this pattern by gathering the sleeves with eighth-inch elastic and making bias tape for the neckline rather than fussing with facing.

Go ahead, Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters, copy my style! I'll still be original :-)

2 comments:

Barb said...

Sooo adorable you are!!! Love what you have done!

Elsina said...

Love this tunic, just stunning!