Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dear World

Dear World,

Dreams come true, even dreams you didn't realize were yours.

It's taken some time for me to step away from things I knew I was good at and press into finding the boundaries of my capabilities. I'm writing to encourage you to do the same.

Since this past winter I've taken the initiative to move away from teaching elementary school and pursue graduate studies in neuroscience with a prestigious local university. One main stepping stone in that process is gaining practical lab experience. Through a series of God stories (call it coincidence if you must, but this string of coincidences and perfect timing is compelling me to believe the contrary), I've found myself as a new research assistant in a lab working in my chosen field--developmental neuroscience! That means all my experiences teaching have prepared me for just this kind of work!

I'm thrilled beyond measure to begin this new chapter of my life. I've never known a teacher to step out of education and pursue what I'm pursuing, and from my perspective, I thought it was nigh impossible. But truly, with God all things are possible. It's been a challenge to wait and wonder, and I've had to step away from demanding that God do what I think He ought to do and instead trust Him to do it His way, but wow. I'm amazed. During my interview out of my mouth came flying, "I just want my life to be the script to a really great Lifetime movie." Ladies and gents, it seems I'm well on my way!

If you hear less from me in the coming months, you now know why.

May you pursue everything your heart sings about, fill your life with new adventures, and do things you never dreamed possible!

Blessings,

MissMary

1 comment:

Barb said...

That is sooooo awesome!!