Saturday, July 16, 2011

Stained Glass Top--Complete!

It took a bit longer than I anticipated, but I've completed my Stained Glass Quilt top! Lack of planning on the outset had me unpicking some blocks at the last MCMQG meeting, but that didn't make a difference once it was all put together. The only other problem I encountered was having to "fix" a few scant seams with fusible web. As I was working on this top, I declared to friends that it's one of the most fabulous things I've ever made. My opinion hasn't changed now it's all pieced!





I'm stocking up on batting this week (hooray for 50% off at JoAnn's!) but I'm still not sure what do do about backing. The grey is hand-dyed muslin. Should I dye more of that, or should I go with something completely different? I thought of piecing the back with similar colors from the "windows". The only issue is that I worked with scraps and have nowhere near enough for a backing. Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? I appreciate it!

Meanwhile, I'm spending restful moments indulging in novels I never dreamed I'd enjoy. When a local bookstore went out of business this past fall, I snagged the first Elm Creek Quilts book for cheap, needing something light to read on planes, buses and trains in Toronto. I found several more at my local library and quickly devoured them, then the ones below came from a used bookstore near my house. Ah, bliss... Summertime, and the livin' is easy...

No comments: