Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rockin' Robin Week 2

Stars this week! I made two partial large stars, two medium, and four small for five more row robin blocks. The little guys were a challenge with all the bulk from seam allowances. My HST points are improving, though!




When the quilt-along is finished, I have an idea of how I want to mix each week's blocks. I'm about 98% sure I do *not* want to do straight rows of similar blocks. I pulled out last week's rectangles and mixed 'em in to check the effect. Stars and bars, anyone?



I'm excited! I love the way it's shaping up, the way your eye bounces around, the sense of organized chaos, the colors, the textures... Feels very "me". Looking forward to next Monday for the next tutorial!

3 comments:

Barb said...

What fun colors, it is always fun to see how things are coming and to enjoy the process.

Melissa @Lilac Lane said...

I think that will make a very pretty quilt --especially when you see the other rows. I like the mixed up effect too.

Royce said...

Organized Chaos - music to my ears - love it!