Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Rockin' Robin Week 1

The Rockin' Robin Quilt-Along has begun! This is my first block-based quilt-along. So far, so fun!

From that big pile of fabrics I chose five or six to play with this week. Here's what I came up with:



I made one block more than the tutorial called for, intending a 60-inch square throw. I didn't sew them together in a row because I expect each week's blocks to be comprised of different fabrics, and I'm not sure I want each row to be so unique they look like they're pieced from separate quilts. It is a much simpler task just making five blocks at a time, though.

In the tutorial they suggested using stacked scraps for the interior rectangles, but I decided to go along with my plan to use that paisley to unify the blocks and cut each background element from a separate scrap. Based on one week alone, I know this thing's going to be WILD! If the paisley isn't enough to convince you, check with the zebra. Thus, my tentative title for this quilt:  WILD THING!

2 comments:

Amy (ArtsyBookishGal) said...

Wow, this is one of the best ones yet!

Barb said...

Love the blocks!