Thursday, June 2, 2011

Marlowe Sampler Blocks II

Tomorrow is our last day of school and my last day as a teacher... perhaps forever? I'll be starting new things soon enough, but in the interim I'll be putting together a summer sewing list in the next few days.

 Meanwhile I completed two more sampler blocks for my Marlowe quilt!

Tree of Life (Aytz Chaim):


Virginia Reel (Variation?):  closest thing to a block named after a contra dance figure!


And... Mulberry scones! I attempted this recipe but used whole wheat, rather than all-purpose, flour and ended up almost doubling the amount called for as the dough was too sticky to work with. Results came with mixed reviews, but I found 'em delicious! Scone tips, anyone?

1 comment:

Barb said...

Love the blocks....

I have no experience with scones but they look good.