Thursday, June 30, 2011

Laid Out

Edit:  linking with Lily Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict. Happy blog hopping!

Forty-nine blocks plus one extra for the Stained Glass quilt all laid out and looking FABULOUS! They came together much quicker than any other quilt I've made, and I love the effect!


Flash photography helps display colors a little better, but natural light will reveal them in their true glory.


I even fussy-cut a few "windows" to bless the newlyweds with life and growth!


I've begun putting the blocks together. The only thing that will slow down the process is deciding on backing and purchasing more batting.

Meanwhile I decided to join the Rockin' Robin Quilt-Along. I think it will be a great opportunity to continue stretching my skills as well as provide me a sweet lap quilt for myself (for once, not a lap quilt to give away!)

I found a bit of yardage set aside from my regular stash. My best friend and I agreed that "it's so bad it's good" when I bought it. You can't tell from the pictures, but those loud colors and busy print are highlighted by shiny metallic gold. Seriously. So I think it's a perfect for this quilt. They're calling for three yards of background and two yards for all else. I have two yards of this print, so I'll go in reverse:  scraptacular background, matching foreground!

Wanna see what I pulled? Literally just started tossing stuff onto my bed.




Am I crazy? I hope not. I'm sticking with black-white-grey-turquoise. That's tame, right? Hopefully it work like this and this... So bad it's good!

10 comments:

Barb said...

This is going to be on amazing quilt!

Sara said...

Stained glass--oooh la,la! Love it:)

Nicky said...

this is going to be one fabulous quilt

susan said...

Wow! I love it. And I may have to make one at some point. Really great quilt top.

Jenniffier said...

Very nice!

Karenkay said...

really pretty!

Brita said...

Lucky newlyweds :-) That's a really neat idea, and I do love your color choices.

Sarah Craig said...

Love your stained glass print quilt, and the colors you've pulled for your new project are awesome! Whoop whoop!!

FabricsNQuilts said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see it progress!

tusen said...

The Stained Glass Quilt is going to be great :)