Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Block, A Tote, A Promise...

Hello, summer! I celebrate you with a completed log cabin block for my Marlowe Quilt. Five sampler blocks down, three to go. Today I cut pieces for two more. This has been an excellent exercise for me--stretching towards precision, accurate planning and execution. With the confidence I've gained, I decided to join my first bee! (See sidebar button for more information.)


One of the items on my summer sewing list was this:



A new tote bag to herald my change in professional direction!

Always model in your favorite outfit. Can you tell my affinity for brights-on-charcoal extends beyond quilts?


That's it for the block and the tote. The promise? Look for a tutorial on my tote soon!

1 comment:

Royce said...

Thumbs up for accurate sewing - it's not my friend but we do talk from time to time. Love your big tote.