Sunday, April 24, 2011

Two and a Half-Hour Easter Dress

I woke up at five 'til seven, quickly did the math and gave myself until 9:30 a.m. to put this together. It was on my list of to-do's yesterday, but I didn't get around to it. I started at 7:00, took 10 minutes for breakfast, finished at 9:40 and still got to church on time!





The lace and blue are undergarments. The following photos show the straps (halter finished with hook and eye) and sash (raw edges with binding sewed over top).


I used blue hem tape to help secure the gathers.



This dress is the adult version of one I made for Evangeline. Both fabrics are from sheets used in my most recent quilts (Tennessee Greens and Spliceosome). I saved myself some hassle by using the top edge of the yellow sheet as my bottom hem. Binding was created using a metal bias tape maker, and that speeded the process as well.

Lots of compliments today at church! It's been a wonderful Easter weekend. People call it Resurrection Sunday. I think I prefer Restoration Day... the day we celebrate Jesus restoring us to relationship with our Father. THAT is something to revel in! Happy Restoration Day!

2 comments:

Sara said...

You rock!!! I like your thought about Resurrection Sunday---I mean Restoration;)

Barb said...

You sure whipped that up fast and it looks awesome!!