Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Outta the Bag

I was making my Tennessee Greens quilt to surprise this friend:


But the cat got out of the bag early. I finished the last bit of hand-stitching yesterday and made a surprise visit to the farm this afternoon to deliver it. What a warm reception! Almost as warm as the Southern sun!

The following photos illustrate the inspiration I was trying to capture in the quilt:





All done!





I thoroughly enjoyed creating this quilt, experimenting with hand-stitching, playing with scraps and working with inspiration. Hope you've enjoyed watching it grow!

P.S. Mr. Farmer, thank you for admitting you sneaked on here to peek. You may feed me delicious green, orange and red vegetables to make up for ruining your own surprise ;-)

2 comments:

Sara said...

Awesome job capturing the farm in this quilt:)

Pieces of Sunshine said...

Great quilt, it really does reflect your inspiration. Nice to know Mr Farmer takes time to look at your blog too.