Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Checking In

Just wanted to pop in quickly with what's been happening in my hands and under the sewing machine's needle over the past few days. (Wow, it's Wednesday already! Come on, Friday! I'm ready to go dancing!)

Finished my half-square triangles mug rug, whee!


I've started playing Where's Waldo with my quilt notebook as I unfurl strips for the Spliceosome quilt.


I fully completed one block. More WIP photos here.



Aaaaaaaaaand I crocheted a couple of yarmulkes. You never know when you'll need one, so it's best to have a couple on hand, I think. Mmm... challah...




Happy middle-of-the-week, and may the rest of it be even better than the first! As if Friday night dancing weren't fabulous enough, the Music City Modern Quilters are getting together on Saturday! I can hardly wait!

4 comments:

Elsina said...

Love your mug mat! And the yarmulkes look good too! You are invited at mines tomorrow evening for the challah :)

Barb said...

Glad you had a happy middle of the week....love your blocks and yarulkes....mug rug....great stuff.

Royce said...

Love those blocks can't wait to see more. Your mug rug is great. I love those small projects.

Erin Butson said...

Hi Mary, What inspiration. I love these quilts & I love your rules to govern creativity. Thanks for your sweet encouragement today. glad to know that someone else is felling the same way! Take care.