Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Crocheted Wrist Warmers

Peek-a-boo!


A bit ago I told my friend I wanted to make something for her. I felt like it needed to be black. She seems to own enough scarves. I decided to make her a pair of wrist warmers!


This was a first for me! I tried a couple of methods. The yarn (Sensations "Kashmira") tended to unravel or catch under my F/5 crochet hook.


Then I saw this tutorial and finally felt I had a direction! I didn't follow the pattern, though, just went roughly for a similar feel.


Making a matched set was harder than I thought! I ended up making three wrist warmers. The first was too loose, and the second was snug. The third was composed partly of the end of the skein and partly of the first one (pulled apart).


I'm happy with the way they turned out, and I hope my friend loves them and feels loved by receiving them!


Daffodils are beginning to bloom, but none yet in my direct path. Maybe tomorrow?

No comments: