We had two snow days and I was busy!
Today I played around with shrink plastic--i.e. the container my take-out sushi came in! I used this tutorial and like the results!
I tried to find meaningful organic compounds to sketch on the plastic but settled for molecule-inspired themes instead.
ALSO today I basted my Baby Trees quilt! Hooray!
Yesterday was all about binding. I used my bias tape maker for scrappy binding for the walnut-dyed quilt, then machine-stitched one side down. Then I spent several hours blind-stitching other side of the binding (time consuming, but well worth it).
Oh, and I wrote in the blank square with free-motion stitches. Now the children will stitch their initials in the rest of the block.
The full effect...
And speaking of free-motion, I finally finished my free-motion sampler quilt! I lapped the extra backing fabric over, pinned and machine-stitched. The following photos are after washing. Loooove the texture!
My favorite bits are the places where quilting stitches are particularly dense.
I love how some of the designs which didn't show on the the black strips appear in the backing.