Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Road Trip Strip Quilt Top

Sometimes when a sweet baby boy is turning 1, you get struck with inspiration, especially when you know how much effort has gone into refinishing the hardwood floors.


I made a plan and followed it.


Originally I thought I'd have to piece scraps, and although I still think that would be a cool look, I had enough black, white and green in remnants.


This didn't take long to piece. I chain-pieced it on machine, giving my 1/4-inch foot its first workout!


Now just imagine it with backing, batting, practiced free-motion quilting and chubby hands pushing cars along. Baby- and Christmas-gift season has officially BEGUN!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh yes...can just see those cute little hands....
I did something similar for our pinewood derby for the table runners...really cute..then made the road flags out of black and white check with their names on them for the middle...I know...too much information....but one day you might be helping with a pinewood derby....

Sara said...

How precious for that little one to have this to play with day after day!! Great idea!