Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ready for Next Weekend

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto!


I listened to that song three times through as I sewed the iron-on applique onto the Ent's birthday present hat. At the time he hadn't expressed interest in robots--just technology in general--but the day after I'd sewed it on, he began talking about how much he likes robots and how cool it would be if he could construct... you get the idea. :-) The robot is by Wright's. Found it at JoAnn's when Best Friend and I were snagging fabric for other projects.


May his neck be warm when I'm not there to hug it.


These will be delivered next weekend when we get together to celebrate our birthdays AND dress up for Halloween!

Daphne did not have good fashion instincts. Nor did I, it seems, when I chose polyester suede curtains as the fabric for my Daphne dress.


Static cling, anyone?


So I can't really complain. I learned a lot making this dress, such as:

1) Beware of trying to wear poly suede!
2) I'm short and thin, not petite. No need to alter patterns except in the hems.
3) "...What is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it." --Yves St. Laurent

1 comment:

Sara said...

Loving the robot idea! ;)

The dress looks nice and soft, little clingy, but HEY it's still adorable!!