Sunday, September 12, 2010

Practiced and Ready!

My sewing machine is all set for free-motion quilting!


Hmm... feed dogs taped but bobbin is harder to access... let's see how this goes...


First stitches on my practice pad! WHOA! Check the tension!


At least on the top it isn't too bad.


Now for filler. I adjusted the tension and it felt much better. Next step is learning how to "skate to where the puck is going"--look ahead of the needle rather than right where it's at.


I love it when even the practice run looks fun! So much potential, so many places to go, so many quilts to attack with gusto!


Like my Trees baby quilt! Just a few more seams and the top is together. I've had the backing fabric since this summer, and I'm looking forward to piecing it.


And what could be better than the correct 1/4 inch foot for my machine? At my mother's recommendation I visited a new Bernina shop in the area. The repairman on site took a look at the feet I brought in and easily snagged this one for me. YAY! No more wonky 3/8 inch seams! No more wondering if I mismeasured! Thanks Allison for this post encouraging me to check into things :-) Looking forward to putting this baby to work soon (after the quilt-along concludes... One presser foot at a time, and right now it's the darning foot!)

1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh, that foot will make such a difference. Your free motion is coming along...