Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Free Motioning + Finger Fidgets

First few squiggles...


How narrow those strips are! Not a lot of space to oscillate!


Oh, wait. That's right. I pieced this top before I had my true 1/4 inch presser foot. So these little wiggles had less than an inch to breathe.

But what does 1/4 inch really look like? I was inspired to find out! I took the following two pictures a moment after breakfast this morning:


Tubes stitched using my new foot, then rotary sliced to approximate squares...


Forty-some of these puppies sat with me while preschoolers napped, teachers talked and elementary schoolers trotted from room to room. Two questions I get almost daily from students: "What are you making?" and "I like your _______, did you make it?" Answers: "I don't know, we'll see when I'm done!" and "Yes, thank you!"


So... what am I making? I don't know, we'll see when I'm done!

No comments: