Monday, July 12, 2010

Yoko Top

Usually I have no idea who designs my fabric. This time I do: Alexander Henry! Hooray for the print "Yoko" from his 2006 line! I bought several yards of it for this project and fell... in... love...


The pattern is Simplicity 3964 C. I diverged from the directions by keeping contrasting fabric (three batik fat quarters) to the yoke but not the sleeves, forgoing the binding around the neck, substituting a button and adding ties at the waist. Also made the hem much deeper, but that's to be expected on a tiny person, right? :-)


It's like Where's Waldo? Can you find the button?




Just in case your jeans don't fit as well as mine do naturally, you can buy a curvaceous derriere here. (As advertised in this week's mailer, no less!) :-)

I'm heading north to help a cousin with some projects this week, so the Kenmore is going on a road trip! Looking forward to reporting when I return :-)

No comments: