Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Fourth of July!

Well, happy third of July! Today my friends and I celebrated with red, white and blue waffles and a neighborhood parade. The theme? "Cottonwood Floats". This is a neighborhood that sustained lots of damage in the recent Nashville floods. (Try googling "Cottonwood flood" for more info.)

This was my favorite float. Can you guess what it is?

Late one evening I found myself playing with a remnant of gingham. Guess what happens when you play with gingham after midnight?


You create patriotic bric-a-brac! Hooray!


Not hard. Sew together a couple of rectangles, hem side seams, zigzag the ends and clip with pinking shears. Oddly enough, I really love this scarf! Perfect little Southern summer accessory, I think!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Creativity comes to people in all forms....great job!