Friday, July 9, 2010

For the Love of Yo-Yos

Because yo-yo backs are just cooler with Chuck Taylors



And yo-yo fronts are cooler with Chuck Taylors, too



And antique quilt squares with holes in their centers benefit from yo-yo additions






Sixteen squares were given to me by the same friend who gave me fabric for this dress. I intend to add unbleached muslin sashing and create a square top, hand-stitching a yo-yo into the center of each pinwheel. Then I'll figure out what to do to turn the square into a bed-sized rectangle. The yo-yos add a dimensionality to the quilt I'd like displayed, so whatever I add to make the top oblong will likely be tucked under bed pillows. What I'll do exactly is a bridge I'll cross when it comes, however. First to stitch the top! Backing maybe with a vintage sheet? Oh the possibilities!

2 comments:

EM Parker said...

I love this! Can you do a post on how to make yo-yos?

MissMary said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I would love to do one--maybe next week? :-)