Thursday, June 10, 2010

Evangeline

It started with a sketch...


Went through some failed attempts at noses and heads...


Ended with finding the perfect name.



Hand-painted face


Hair from cotton and metallic embroidery floss, hand-sewed onto the head and styled




Wardrobe sketches


More wardrobe sketches

My hope is that Evangeline will be another heirloom piece. I learned to use the sewing machine through creating clothing for my Felicity doll (thanks, Grandmother!) With this doll I'd like to practice pattern-making by playing with the construction of clothes and the affordances and limitations different fabrics offer. I can then transfer that knowledge into constructing and tailoring human clothing! A few more details on Evangeline's construction on http://mem-hey.blogspot.com

No comments: