Monday, May 31, 2010

Process/Summer Set

I tend to have so many projects I work on throughout the week that I don't end up blogging about all of them--I just hit the high points. But it seems there's a growing interest in revealing inspiration and process rather than just the end results of our labors. This summer I hope to update this blog more frequently with bits and pieces of WIP's and how I draw inspiration.

Summer to-do list draft

Vintage lace and trims from my best friend's mother

Detail of trims and lace. Their destination? An unbleached muslin dress based on one of the Simplicity patterns I picked up at JoAnn's Memorial Day sale for a dollar

Anna--now a roommate!--modeling her hang gliding outfit! Tee by Tye Dye Mary

Fabric for Anna's Maverick Stars. L-r Country Classic solid in plum, green crackle remnant, assorted white/batik fat quarters, butterfly tan fat quarter, Anna's favorite fat quarter

More of Anna's fabric. She bought a set of fat quarters long ago just because she loved them. More an ink/canvas artist, she turned the fabric over to me. Love how these fabrics reflect her hang gliding shirt!

Tools for my Circles baby quilt.

Hand-stitched blocks. I popped the background fabric into the embroidery hoop (came from a grandmother or great aunt, not sure which), pinned the circle on top, and sewed around. Although I didn't figure this to be an original idea, I was first inspired by Cluck Cluck Sew's quilt. After I'd begun, I found Jaybird's.

Liberty of London for Target. Black and white is my favorite combination, and I just happened to find this sweet comforter and notebook set on clearance. SCORE! I remembered being introduced to LoL via The Purl Bee, then soon after seeing their Target line on some blog (really can't remember). Love the look on my bed! The notebooks consist of (1) graph paper, (2) lined paper, (3) blank paper--ideal for (1) quilt sketches, (2) poetry/songwriting, (3) design sketches. I am soooo set for summer!

1 comment:

Jennifer S. said...

I too am digging the LoL on sale @ Target. I got myself the three notebooks and I agree - the graph is perfect for quilt sketching. The only problem? It's now too quick & easy to sketch the quilts, I'm falling behind in the creating the quilts department.