Sunday, January 24, 2010

Moving Moratorium

I folded a couple of newly-laundered remnants and tucked them away. I glanced over my ironing board with its clutter of small-projects-in-pieces, thought of the sewing machine in the garage and the comment my friend made remembering my quilt. This afternoon it's become official: I am moving in a month! So in order to help myself prioritize packing, I am calling for a moratorium on all things bloggable, with the exception of the cathedral quilt, until I'm in my new digs.

Aw, heck, I may whip together those prophetic birds before I go. So many memories associated with them, and I'd hate to take down my "board" without their completion. There have been a few changes--back and forth and back again--since their inception...


...and even more since the above was taken (circa 12.27.09). Well. I'm ready for prophecy to be actualized. Something beautiful in this season, something new and alive and lovely. I'm so grateful for my new home! 'Til then, peace out homeskillets!

8 comments:

Rosie said...

Hi Miss Mary!! I just had to pop over and thank you for visiting my OWOH blog party! I hope I draw your name, just because of "Frances"!! Good luck! =)

Rosie - http://alteredartandstuff.wordpress.com

Linda B said...

Mary, I'm so glad you visited my site, because now I am following both of your blogs. You do so much that is similar to what I do. Great minds think alike and all?

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Yikes!!! You're moving??? We just moved last April....honest to pete, I'm still not settled in. God Bless you and carry you through it Miss Mary!!!
Moving Hugs, Sharon

Deborah said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love all of your works here. Quite charming! **blows kisses** Deborah

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Blessings on your new adventure!

rochambeau said...

Hi MissMary,
What lovely love birds, all buttoned up together!
Constance

Antonella said...

Best of luck with your new adventure! Thank you for stopping by #234 on the magic carpet, www.quilling.blogspot.com.
Hugs, antonella :-)

Cat said...

Thanks for dropping in!
Good luck with your own "magick carpet ride"!