Monday, November 23, 2009

Embroidery and Avians

So my brother flies in on Wednesday for Thanksgiving which means I have precious little time to finish his Christmas gift. I didn't have much of a plan, just embroidered wherever my fingers took me. The circles are flipped-over yoyos. I still have to attach the backing, sew on the buttons and the button loops...
...and I'd much rather be making birds. The pattern can be found at www.spoolsewing.com I highly recommend! These two are named Ira and Frances and are a gift to another brother. I've had such fun making them! The line on Ira's back is a copyrighted quote from a song my brother and I are working on.
Last night I cut out three birds for a friend using my mother's sewing scissors. More on that later. I am looking forward to the holidays and documenting much for this blog. I am so blessed by the heritage and tradition I am part of! I think I'll make my family in birds, too. Each cloth represents a person in a unique way... [blissful sigh] Oh Life, how lovely you are to me!

No comments: